Thursday, July 31, 2008

a BIG day!

Today is exciting for several reaons, one is because today is Stephen's birthday! YAY! Upon his request I've been asked to acknowledge it as his 25th...even though it's really his 26th. I didn't even ask for that! And of all people he's the one who put all 26 candles on my birthday cake! Now I think that women are usually more prone to holding back on those extra years, so other than realizing that Stephen can't remember how old he is anymore I don't really know why he wants to stay 25 until we're 30.


And today also marks one month until the wedding. OH Geez! Lots and lots to do!

On a side note I do want to mention that our hearts and prayers have been with Brandon and his family this week. His dad unexpectedly passed away on Monday night. Stephen was much closer to his Dad that I was of course, but I will say each time I met him, he'd cooked an exceptional meal including the largest hamburgers I've ever seen in my life!

So that the guys can be around to support Brandon, they've called off the Bachelor Party trip. With all respect friends and family come first yet, I also really hate that Stephen didn't get the weekend he was looking forward to. I really think that because he's been such a big help with the wedding that he truly deserved a weekend way with his guys. I guess the one difference for us is, a bachelor trip is really no more than him spending time with his favorite guys...and as far as I'm concerned that could happen any weekend he'd like...married or not.

So ladies, this whole point brought up a great discussion that includes "any weekend I want I can catch up with my girlfriends, hang out by the pool and sip a smoothie, if I want to" because we're not a jealous couple. And time with friends...and family is important to us. I appreciate that Stephen and I have that kind of mutual respect for each other.

I realize I haven't shared all the detials on my "sweet" shower last weekend. I'm waiting so I can post some pictures. Maybe again this afternoon.

Meanwhile...I've really got work to do...blah!

OH NO.......if you didn't realize......... tommorow is AUGUST 1!!!!

No comments: