Sunday, July 13, 2008

26 Candles doesn't have the same ring...

10 years ago I was 16. For some of you, that makes me sound even younger than you think, for others, you realize too that your teen years have just recently past.
Things were different at 16...

I got my first car ( an '88 Pontiac LeMans, gas was $.99 a gallon!
I didn't have a boyfriend, (although I had kissed a boy ;-)
I wore bangles everyday
I thought that 10th grade was the worst thing that ever happened to me
I couldn't decide who my true friends were
I drank a Sprite and ate a Twix or Chee-Weez everyday for lunch
I thought I wanted to be a special ed teacher

But somethings haven't changed, I still...

Spend most waking moments thinking about 4-H, and spend every birthday doing something 4-H related away from home,
Love LSU more than ever,
Hate shopping for jeans,
Think I need new clothes for summer camp and every vacation,
Love to sing out loud in my car and hang silly things from my rear view mirror

I don't think I'm going to be one of those people who dread getting older. This is going to be an exciting year for me. I'm getting married! We plan on buying our first house, I'll be in my 2nd year in Jackson County...and well I've got things to look forward to. I didn't really get to celebrate my day..so I think I'm just going to celebrate each day I get this year!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

What do you miss about being 16?

1 comment:

Red said...

Hm... I miss at least having access to a vehicle, my cocker spaniel, marching band (even though every morning I groaned because it was so early), having a swimming pool, and late evening softball games. I miss my g.p.a., and I miss my then Pastor.