Friday, May 23, 2008

Jelly Beans

Last night Stephen drove down. He amazingly took a day off work, to go car hunting. This has been a year long search for the "right Jeep, at the RIGHT price". I don't think it exisits.

Anyways, this morning, I gave him a jar full of 100 jelly beans. All sorts of flavors included. I attached a little note that mentioned "100 smiles inside, to help you count down the days". So he opened it up and choose the toasted marshmallow one. (For those of you who know about his stent in attempting to make s'mores with marshmallow creme....I think we might have a replacement)

None the less, I'm realizing that we really will have a big change in moving in together. This morning, he kept rushing me out the door. I gently reminded him that I get up and go to work everyday on my own.

Then he called to tell me that he checked my mail (like I asked him to), but then started asking questions about a doctor's bill. Now he's reading MY mail? Oh were does the privacy go?

Ha, are you surprised that just today, I gave him my apartment key to go make a copy. I've lived there six months. oh lordy.

This is going to be an interesting process of learning to merge much more than our hearts....I'm such an independant person. For so long it's been my house, my schedule, my bills and my bank account. Don't get me wrong, I'm not objecting to this process I just know it's not going to be an easy transition. It is all part of life, I'm just finding that our long distance relationship is 99 days away from moving in together.

fun times.

P.S.- Let's see if he eats the licorice one I left in the jar? Not all the days are going to be grape jelly belly sweet.

No comments: