Thursday, May 22, 2008

And the countdown begins...

I can't get the wedding off my mind today! Stephen and I spent the weekend at Kamie and Colby's wedding. It was amazing! They had a beautiful venue and lots of amazing people helping to make the day so perfect. Kamie is so creative and I truly believe (at least I hope) that everything turned out just as she imagined it.

As for our wedding, I don't really have the "vision" that Kamie and other girls have for their weddings. To be honest I've had to learn Wedding 101 and get lots of inpsiration and ideas from other helpful brides and brides-to-be. Luckily I have Stephen to help me when I get a little too inspired, he really helps me bring things back down to the basics.

I think that we have most of the major things taken care of, right now it's just the litle fun details and the waiting that is killing me. I think that the showers will help me start feeling like this ship is moving. Julie Grissom (Stephen's maternal cousin) is hosting my first shower! She's so sweet to offer this! The shower will mostly be for the Grissom & Sims side of Stephen's family and some local Jackson friends. My mom and some of my close family is going to try to come.

I'm mostly excitied that I didn't have to plan a thing. I really just get to show up. How awesome is that going to be? I'll make sure I post some pictures and updates of the shower and other events along the way for those of you who can't make it or are just reading from afar.

I'm going to sign off for now, this is going to be an exciting Summer, keep reading!

No comments: