Sunday, May 25, 2008

I hear Banjos....Paddle faster

We're headed to Soggy Bottom Canoe rentals on Black Creek here in Mississippi. I've been looking forward to this trip for awhile. When we first started planning I think I expected it to be more couples. But it's just Denis and Dave and us. That's cool. The rate things have been going with my nerves and all stressed out I probably need as little girl drama as possible.

I keep thinking back to that movie Without a Paddle, for years after Stephen and I saw it I always called it "Up a Creek". Hey I was halfway there. Well since this isn't much on the marriage or wedding planning front today. I guess my only thought is.... I really really hope it's all downstream from here in the planning process.

I'm ready to put my paddle in and crank it up much faster to get to the end point on this trip. I know time flies by and everyone says that I'll miss this point in my life. Yet, I still can't wait to push off on the next journey.

Last night was Jen and Nick's wedding. It was full mass and a nice reception. What the hell is up with these ppl (Kamie you're included) in waiting until 10:30PM to cut the cake! Dude I know it's pretty, but even better they taste fantastic!

So here's a tip for my wedding. No one will ever have to ask "when are they going to cut the cake?"

2 comments:

Red said...

Yes! Not waiting on cake cutting rocks. Teehee!!

Love ya! My offer of taking a day for you still stands, just let me know what I can do for you...

Anonymous said...

I meant to comment on this the first time I read it, but must've gotten distracted...
I realized afterwards that my cake was cut pretty late. But I had NO CLUE what time it was at any point that night! Not to mention the Coordinator was MIA and not guiding me through any of those things like I thought she would. Good thing you were there to put bugs in my ear when I needed them! Thanks!!