Friday, January 8, 2010

Well I haven't given up yet....not quite anyway

So Thursday I returned in the rain and the freezing cold to the Moss Point Rec for my 2nd yoga class. Gloria (the only other  student in my class on Tuesday) brought her sister-in-law and neice to class.  So this made 4.

I am enjoying the class. I don't break a sweat, and yet I don't hold poses quite as long as my instructor either. I'm still working on my breathing techniques and haven't really felt sore this week. So I don't know that I'm making any real physical advancement but mentally its wonderful.

I won't get to go to class at all next week because of work, but I'll try and catch up with some of the morning videos.

Meanwhile, it sucks a bit to be dress shopping right now. I feel like crap. Nothing I want to fit does and I really can't "afford" anything that I like. So it just breaks my spirit to be searching for something that I know I can't have even if I found it.

Money is a sorry topic. It sends instant shivers up my spine and I don't know how different my financial situation would be if I was single...but I can acknowledge that it is the way it is because I'm married. 'nough said.

Oh I wanted a snow day today sooo bad. So many offices closed because of icy roads and I desperately wanted to stay home curled up in the bed. Instead, I ventured out and rewarded myself with the worst thing possible: food.

Breakfast from McD's and an awesome sushi lunch. Emotionally food really makes me happy. And then I think of those dresses I'm trying to fit in and I feel like crap again.

I don't know the answer to my own questions so I'll leave it up to you........am I the only one who is emotionally comforted and rewarded by food only to regret it later?

3 comments:

mel said...

my emotional comfort from food never last long enough. why i don't quit, i'll never know.

i do think that it's a start to at least be aware of it. the more aware you become, the easier it is to start making changes.

Retta said...

I know what you mean with food...

My little Brother, who is like a toothpick. Was talking to me after luch today about how my continued eating while putting up the food was making his tummy hurt just watching me...he wasn't trying to hurt my feeling; he's just expressing his.

But the more he talked about it the worse I felt; the worse I felt the more I ate; the more I ate the more he talked about it. *huff* It was vicious.

And then I asked him if he knew what size in girls pants he wore...my oldest daughter is about his size and I think he accidentally wore a pair of her jeans to church or something...YES! and that's how they discovered men and women pants button differently LoL...

Anyway the point is He is about the size I once was...back when I felt good about how i looked and felt good period.

The problem is not knowing where or how to start...not having the means to start...feeling completely overwhelmed!!!

Unknown said...

Please don't give up! The breath is the most important part of the Yoga PRACTICE. I started dabbling a few years ago. I was so challenged and so unaccomplished. I just took the couple of poses that i did feel comfortable with and focused on perfecting them. Don't even look at what the instructor do except to make corrections in your own postures. DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO ANYONE BUT CHRIST! I am now working with helping out a couple of beginners, and now I am able to see just how far I have been able to progress. But I had just keep going back to the beginning and starting over. So don't get discouraged. AND DON'T GIVE UP!
Namaste:)
If someone says to you, 'Kundalini', run for your life.