Saturday, January 16, 2010

I'm out of ink... I'm so busy drawing new conclusions

So for any of who understand the amazing frustrations of mother-daughter relationships I'd like to share with you my thoughts for today:

I've come to the conclusion that having to beg my mom to eat "ANYTHING, just one bite" is pay back for my years of feeding English Peas and liver to the dog under the table.

I've come to the conclusion that my Mother's frustrating blank stares, are the pay back for all those teenage years of "silent treatment".

I've come to the conclusion that having to deal with my Mother's sometimes senile husband (yes my father), is payback for her having to deal with any hard headed heart throb that I ever considered bringing home. (and probably my punishment for marrying a Methodist too!)

I'm also convinced that her insistance to wearing just certian nightgowns and slippers and having this one special pillow, and these socks not those socks, and a specific cup for coffee and a special one for water, is my serious payback for being such a particular child...and maybe, just maybe adult.

I say all this with pure heart because right now I'm only laughing to keep from crying.

Although having not yet been blessed with children, I will say that it makes one reconsider the ramificiations of raising a child.

On a positive note, I do belive that the prayers are working. Two days ago I decided to put out the message for all my prayer warriors. This seems harder to do lately, because I don't want the extra attention but just feel the need to call upon my fellow believers.  Mom has started eating light but vitamin and protein rich meals. She's also still sleeping. alot. She had moments last night and mid-day today where when she was 'up', she was a bit more alert than other times. (During the Saitnts game was one!)  To be honest, her spunk just isn't back yet so please keep praying.

Thanks for all the love and support, I feel it all around me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Morning!
I'm so glad to hear your mom is making some improvements.
I love this blog of yours. I am very blessed to see your courage to open your life and heart in this way.
I am not of the electronic age. And I have not been a dedicated 'journaler'. But there have been phases in my life in which the only way I felt I could endure was to write down somethings that were on my heart. And I do come across them once in a while. And it's quite intriguing to see where I was when and what I was going through then.
Over my lifetime I've been in an intensive spot, at times feeling consumed by trying to do my best to keep my own personal little circle from spinning out of control. But I have this outer circle that seems so distant and elusive at times. I have felt grieved at times not being able to be more intimate with my outer circle.
That you are as close to me to be able call you sister, but yet only have known you superficially as a part of my outer circle, seems a little tricky sometimes. I am so blessed to be able to see your heart through this blog.
I have confusingly considered how I would have to deal with end of life issues with my parents. Being comforted by the truths that I have been blessed with that comes from knowing The Lord, I know that death is a fact of life. But logistically and tactically I am confounded as to how I might handle certain situation that I can only imagine that I know for sure I will have to deal with.
So I have no words of wisdom to offer as you go through this phase ahead of me. But I have the Words of wisdom of the One who has numbered our days from before the beginning of time. And I know that He has provided you with what you need to get through this well. So remember to turn to God with your trials and your triumphs and He will direct you.
Okay, enough babbling on for now.
I hope you have a WONDERFUL day.
Love,
Dawn

Retta said...

Dear Heavenly Father thank You so much for the little steps You've aloud Evie's mother to take. We humbly recognize Your sovereignty, Lord, and bow to Your will. Thank You for: Evie, giving her courage, and a bit of humour to lighten the sting of slowly loosing her mother. Help her/them to remember You as she/they continue on the path laid before them. May they cleave to You everlastingly and find Your peace in knowing You have been through all of this before them so You better than any other knows what it takes to endure. Thank You Jesus for dying for me for us all. Forgive us when ever we fail, lift us back upon solid ground, and take us by the hand until we make it home. Your will for Your glory In the holy name of Jesus-Amen.

Jenna said...

My dad suffered a stroke last week, and it was a startling introduction into a world where I am stronger and healthier than my parents. Luckily it was just a scare for him, but it was a reminder that someday soon I'm going to be taking care of them instead of them taking care of me.

You're love for your mother shows in this post.