Thursday, January 7, 2010

Namaste... " I honor the Spirit in you which is also in me."

o I did it. I went to yoga at the Moss Point Rec Center last night. I didn't have high expectation of the class or the center...and honestly I wasn't overly impressed or disappointed. More proud of myself for believing that I can do anything that any thin, rich, popular girl can do. Or atleast that I have the right to try.

I know that sounds pitiful but that's the way I feel about things sometimes, that it would all just be easier to walk into a room of athletes or to order a salad for lunch (b/c I like salads) if I were thin and rich. Ha! Well maybe I took the highroad on this one, convincing myself that I'd "fit right in" and hoping there would be a room full of other misfits to go with me.

So, my instructor (practically private instructor) is Quinton. A sweet man in his early sixties who was either nervous about teaching or I scared the crap out of.....offered to do the class anyway since I was the only one to show up! Sweet! Then another lady in her late thirties joined our class. I could handle this...just the two of us!

Meanwhile, I've been watching every morning the Aire Yoga classes on VME/ Florida PBS



I love this lady, she's an awesome instructor! I don't understand allt hat she's saying in Spanish but I've learned enough to recognize the same poses that Quinton refered to.

Anyways this was my exciting step yesterday. I've continued to bring my lunch to work yesterday and today, as well as drink between 22 and 40 ounces of water a day.

So how's it coming? Have you taken your first step yet?

3 comments:

Retta said...

I love it!!! LoL who said you had to leave the house to get your exercise in?

mel said...

I'm excited about the yoga! I think you'll love it. Keep it up.
I once had a very talented yoga instructor get on to me for feeling like yoga wasn't for big girls. She really encouraged me to try it. And I love it!

Unknown said...

I started with "Yoga for Dummies" by Sara Ivahoe. I have the beginners, and beyond beginners. I've taken a couple of classes and have a variety of DVD's. Compared to all I've done, she really is the very best;