Friday, January 22, 2010

To Hell and Back

Coming home this weekend makes me think the worst is over with my mom....for now at least. Last weekend was living Hell.

Stephen was able to come with me this weekend, and see her progress. It worries me that he probably thinks that I over reacted or exaggerated her condition last week. But if you read my posts, you know that in my heart of hearts I was truly worried and concerned like never before.

Prayer is a powerful thing, and I believe that the prayers of those who love her has really lifted her up and the Lord has given her the strength to restore life for just a bit longer. I can't express the joy that was taken in a simple conversation with my mother today. It's so nice to have her mentally "back" (to some degree).

We're here for a few days and then we're heading to Natchez for the Krewe of Phoenix Call Out Ball. We're really excited about it! Our friends Ryan and Amanda, were so sweet to invite us and we're looking forward to a fun night. Gosh knows I could use some stress relief around here.

I've been enjoying my time home, even thought the physical environment here wears on me. My brother Timmy and his girlfriend Lory are being extra sweet and helpful. Its nice having her around to talk to about my mom...kinda reminds me of my sister, whom I miss dearly.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and I hope that you slow down long enough to hug someone you love and don't see often or at least call them for a few quality moments. Time is such a precious thing and I think that we often waste it without realizing the consequences.

So...who is that extra special person  you're  gonna hug/call?????

2 comments:

Retta said...

Oh hun, my heart soars with praises to the Almighty over the fact your mom is doing so what better. Keep an eye on my blog for who I loved on but more importantly who loved on me this weekend...Love and miss ya.

Anonymous said...

I found you through Retta, a follower of Beth Moore's LPM blog; I need you to know what this blog site means to me : As a single caregiver of my mother and my grandmother, it is very easy to feel like I am alone and my circumstances are unique to me, although common sense tells me that's not true. Even though we are firm in our Faith, we need reminders of others' reality, too. This is very valuable ! Thank you.....