Saturday, August 23, 2008

Eight Crazy Nights!

No we're not celebrating Haunnaka but we have been preparing for Hurricane Faye. Like I mentioned yesterday, I'm not so much stressed about the wedding right now as I have been about moving and other things.

This storm upped all of that about 100%. Not only am I hurrying to move things before it starts raining, but I'm moving a good portion of them in the downstairs part of the townhouse, in a location that is prone to flooding. Great, just great.

Good news is that we were very productive on Friday. Not only with the moving but Stephen and I both got our hair cut. We also made time to go to downtown Mobile and get our marriage license!!! It was so sweet when we arrived a Marine and his lady dressed in cute white summer dress had just gotten married.

So we filled out all the paperwork, signed our names, raised our right hands (yeah I dind't know that was part of it?!?!?) and got our marriage license. The lady specifically handed the license to me and gave me the instructions. Then she handed Stephen a work book with his name on a big label and told him to READ IT! It was a marriage prep book that is distributed by Extension of all things! It was fun. Then since it was such a beautiful day we went and wandered around Spanish Park.








Ha! Any one notice how similar this is to our Olympic Park engagement pictures? Guess we have a thing for water fountains!

Ok so the rain starts tommorow....got your floaties on?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For a minute there I was wondering if ya'll drove to Atlanta to take that pic!! Very cute!
I don't have that pic for us... because of timing and circumstance, I went alone and in gym shorts! lol